Air conditioning is probably the most appreciated features on recent cars. Although it was historically reserved for high-end models, it has now been democratized for the great majority of vehicles. However, this pricey and complex equipment needs special treatment, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is absolutely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Lancia Ypsilon. This is exactly what we will explain in detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Lancia Ypsilon, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Lancia Ypsilon.
How to clean my Lancia Ypsilon air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Lancia Ypsilon. The only technique to conduct a full cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, actually, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stay in the system and will promote the development of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to do this, here they are
Service the air conditioning circuit of your Lancia Ypsilon in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The process is very easy, even so, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Lancia Ypsilon.
- Remove the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Lancia Ypsilon, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This technique will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Lancia Ypsilon, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Lancia Ypsilon that are persistent, we encourage you to utilise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Lancia Ypsilon
Now let’s go forward to the more radical solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit complete. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Remove your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Lancia Ypsilon (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for Five minutes.
- Once this first stage is achieved you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Lancia Ypsilon.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Lancia Ypsilon
Finally, to end our article, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Lancia Ypsilon and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Lancia Ypsilon every year.
To get more tips on the Lancia Ypsilon, take a look at the Lancia Ypsilon category.