Air conditioning is by far the most important features on recent cars. Nevertheless it was historically available to high-end models, it has today been democratized for the great majority of automobiles. However, this pricey and elaborate unit requires special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is definitely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Jaguar F-Pace. This is precisely what we will demonstrate in more detail in this article. First we will take a look in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Jaguar F-Pace, then in another part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Jaguar F-Pace.
How to clean my Jaguar F-Pace air conditioning
Let’s begin our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Jaguar F-Pace. The only way to conduct a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning produces a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will promote the production of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to accomplish this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning system of your Jaguar F-Pace in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The process is very simple, even so, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Jaguar F-Pace.
- Remove the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Jaguar F-Pace, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This procedure will allow you to quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Jaguar F-Pace, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Jaguar F-Pace that are persistent, we advise you to utilise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Jaguar F-Pace
Now let’s go forward to the more radical approach of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to follow:
- Remove your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Jaguar F-Pace (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for 5 minutes.
- Once this first step is completed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Jaguar F-Pace.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Jaguar F-Pace
Finally, to conclude our article, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Jaguar F-Pace and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Jaguar F-Pace every year.
If you wish more guides on the Jaguar F-Pace, go to our Jaguar F-Pace category.