The lighting elements of our cars are part of the fundamental components of security. Indeed, they allow us to see and be seen during the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good working order and to always have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to focus on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox? We will start this content page with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Fox?
The majority of us usually tend to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever consider looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Volkswagen Fox . Indeed, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Volkswagen Fox, or its low beams, by browsing our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Volkswagen Fox for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you can be on this internet page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox. Indeed, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Volkswagen Fox before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Volkswagen Fox to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the impression of lighting less well during the night with your Volkswagen Fox . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Volkswagen Fox?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Fox? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Volkswagen Fox headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided to do this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Volkswagen Fox
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specialised store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more pricey than the alternative techniques presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Volkswagen Fox
At last, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Volkswagen Fox
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Fox, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Fox category.