The lighting elements of our automobiles are part of the essential elements of security. Obviously, they enable us to see and be seen during the night or in bad climate conditions. It is therefore essential to keep them in good functioning order and to always have optimal lighting. In this post, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Renault Modus? We will start this content page with the reason why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Renault Modus.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Renault Modus?
Most of us are likely to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever think about examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Renault Modus . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Renault Modus, or its low beams, by browsing our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Renault Modus for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this internet page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Renault Modus. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Renault Modus before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Renault Modus to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well during the night with your Renault Modus . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be tricky to remove, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Renault Modus?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Renault Modus? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Renault Modus.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Renault Modus
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Renault Modus headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied to do this purpose
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Renault Modus
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Renault Modus are dirty and you want to clean them, several possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Renault Modus with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialized shop. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more expensive than the substitute methods presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Renault Modus
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Renault Modus/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Renault Modus
Whenever you have any further questions about the Renault Modus, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Modus category.