The lighting components of our cars are part of the necessary components of security. In actual fact, they enable us to see and be viewed at night or in bad weather conditions. It is so necessary to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Peugeot 307? We will begin this content with the explanation why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Peugeot 307.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Peugeot 307?
Most of us usually tend to think about emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Peugeot 307 . In actual fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Peugeot 307, or its low beams, by having a look at our two dedicated content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Peugeot 307 for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you might be on this internet page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Peugeot 307. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque as time passes and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may therefore be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Peugeot 307 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Peugeot 307 to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well at night with your Peugeot 307 . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become tricky to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Peugeot 307?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Peugeot 307? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Peugeot 307.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Peugeot 307
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Peugeot 307 headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws supplied for this purpose
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Peugeot 307
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Peugeot 307 are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Peugeot 307 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit found in a specialized shop. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more pricey than the alternative ways shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Peugeot 307
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is in many instances the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Peugeot 307/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Peugeot 307
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 307, take a look at the Peugeot 307 category.