The lighting elements of our vehicles are part of the necessary elements of safety. In actual fact, they allow us to see and be seen at nighttime or in bad weather conditions. It is so necessary to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Opel Antara? We will begin this content with the explanation why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Opel Antara.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Opel Antara?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever think about looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Opel Antara . In actual fact, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Opel Antara, or its low beams, by reading our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Opel Antara for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Opel Antara. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Opel Antara before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Opel Antara to gain visibility
Second situation, you just have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Opel Antara . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your car regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Opel Antara?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Opel Antara? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Opel Antara.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Opel Antara
First opportunity, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Opel Antara headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided for this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Opel Antara
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Opel Antara are dirty and you want to clean them, several choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Opel Antara with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialised store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more expensive than the alternative ways presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Opel Antara
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is frequently the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Opel Antara/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the process with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Opel Antara
If you wish more tutorials on the Opel Antara, go to our Opel Antara category.