The lighting elements of our vehicles are part of the important components of safety. In actual fact, they enable us to see and be viewed at nighttime or in bad climate conditions. It is therefore important to keep them in good functioning condition and to constantly have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Nissan Note? We will start this content with the justification why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Nissan Note.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Nissan Note?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever consider checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Nissan Note . In actual fact, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to check that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Nissan Note, or its low beams, by consulting our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Nissan Note for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you might be on this article is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Nissan Note. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque as time passes and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Nissan Note before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Nissan Note to gain visibility
Second situation, you just have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Nissan Note . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be hard to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Nissan Note?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Nissan Note? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Nissan Note.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Nissan Note
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Nissan Note headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied for this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Nissan Note
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Nissan Note are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Nissan Note with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specialized store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more pricey than the other options shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Nissan Note
At last, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Nissan Note/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Nissan Note
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Note, go to our Nissan Note category.