The lighting components of our cars are part of the important elements of security. Indeed, they allow us to see and be seen at nighttime or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore important to keep them in good functioning order and to constantly have optimal lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Nissan Maxima? We will start this article with the explanation why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Nissan Maxima.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Nissan Maxima?
Most of us usually tend to think about emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Nissan Maxima . Indeed, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Nissan Maxima, or its low beams, by browsing our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Nissan Maxima for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Nissan Maxima. Indeed, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this instance it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Nissan Maxima before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Nissan Maxima to gain visibility
Second situation, you just have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Nissan Maxima . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Nissan Maxima?
We’ll now proceed to the component that you’re probably most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Nissan Maxima? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Nissan Maxima.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Nissan Maxima
First opportunity, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Nissan Maxima headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided for this intent
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Nissan Maxima
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Nissan Maxima are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Nissan Maxima with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit determined in a specialized store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more pricey than the substitute solutions presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Nissan Maxima
Finally, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Nissan Maxima/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Nissan Maxima
To find more tips on the Nissan Maxima, take a look at the Nissan Maxima category.