The lighting parts of our vehicles are part of the necessary elements of security. In truth, they enable us to see and be seen at nighttime or in bad climate conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good functioning condition and to constantly have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to look into the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Mercedes C class? We will start this content with the justification why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Mercedes C class.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Mercedes C class?
The majority of us tend to think about emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely consider checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Mercedes C class . In truth, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Mercedes C class, or its low beams, by having a look at our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Mercedes C class for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you can be on this web page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Mercedes C class. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may therefore be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Mercedes C class before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Mercedes C class to gain visibility
Second possibility, you simply have the feeling of lighting less well at nighttime with your Mercedes C class . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be difficult to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Mercedes C class?
We’ll now proceed to the component that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Mercedes C class? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Mercedes C class.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Mercedes C class
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Mercedes C class headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws supplied to do this goal
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Mercedes C class
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Mercedes C class are dirty and you want to clean them, several possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Mercedes C class with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specialised shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more costly than the other methods presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Mercedes C class
At last, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Mercedes C class/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Mercedes C class
If you wish more guides on the Mercedes C class, go to our Mercedes C class category.