The lighting elements of our cars are part of the fundamental elements of security. In actual fact, they enable us to see and be seen through the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good functioning order and to always have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to look into the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK? We will start this content page with the reason why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Mercedes Benz GLK?
Most of us usually tend to take into consideration emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever consider looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Mercedes Benz GLK . In actual fact, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Mercedes Benz GLK, or its low beams, by reading our two dedicated articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you might be on this page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Mercedes Benz GLK before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Mercedes Benz GLK to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well through the night with your Mercedes Benz GLK . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be tricky to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Mercedes Benz GLK?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Mercedes Benz GLK? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Mercedes Benz GLK headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided for this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Mercedes Benz GLK
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK are dirty and you want to clean them, several choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialized store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more expensive than the substitute options shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Mercedes Benz GLK
At last, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Mercedes Benz GLK
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz GLK, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLK category.