The lighting components of our automobiles are part of the fundamental elements of security. In fact, they enable us to see and be seen after dark or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore fundamental to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have maximum lighting. In this article, we are going to look into the headlights of your motor vehicle and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Mazda CX 3? We will begin this content page with the reason why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Mazda CX 3.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Mazda CX 3?
The majority of us tend to take into consideration emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Mazda CX 3 . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Mazda CX 3, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Mazda CX 3 for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Mazda CX 3. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may therefore be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Mazda CX 3 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Mazda CX 3 to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the feeling of lighting less well after dark with your Mazda CX 3 . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be hard to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Mazda CX 3?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Mazda CX 3? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Mazda CX 3.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Mazda CX 3
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Mazda CX 3 headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided for this intent
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Mazda CX 3
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Mazda CX 3 are dirty and you want to clean them, some alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Mazda CX 3 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more expensive than the substitute solutions shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Mazda CX 3
Finally, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Mazda CX 3/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the treatment with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Mazda CX 3
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mazda CX 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 3 category.