The lighting components of our automobiles are part of the essential components of safety. Obviously, they allow us to see and be viewed during the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently essential to keep them in good working order and to always have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Mazda 6? We will begin this article with the justification why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Mazda 6.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Mazda 6?
Most of us are likely to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely consider examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Mazda 6 . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Mazda 6, or its low beams, by browsing our two dedicated content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Mazda 6 for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you can be on this article is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Mazda 6. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Mazda 6 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Mazda 6 to gain visibility
Second possibility, you simply have the impression of lighting less well during the night with your Mazda 6 . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become hard to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Mazda 6?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Mazda 6? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Mazda 6.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Mazda 6
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Mazda 6 headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws supplied to do this aim
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Mazda 6
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Mazda 6 are dirty and you want to clean them, some alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Mazda 6 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specialized store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more expensive than the other methods shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Mazda 6
Finally, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Mazda 6/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Mazda 6
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mazda 6, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda 6 category.