The lighting parts of our automobiles are part of the essential components of safety. Obviously, they enable us to see and be viewed after dark or in bad climatic conditions. It is therefore essential to keep them in good working condition and to always have ideal lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Kia Sportage? We will begin this article with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Kia Sportage.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Kia Sportage?
The majority of us tend to take into consideration emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever think about examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Kia Sportage . Obviously, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Kia Sportage, or its low beams, by reading our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Kia Sportage for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Kia Sportage. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Kia Sportage before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Kia Sportage to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the impression of lighting less well after dark with your Kia Sportage . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be difficult to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Kia Sportage?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Kia Sportage? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Kia Sportage.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Kia Sportage
First possibility, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Kia Sportage headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied for this aim
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Kia Sportage
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Kia Sportage are dirty and you want to clean them, several possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Kia Sportage with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit determined in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more pricey than the alternative solutions shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Kia Sportage
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Kia Sportage/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Kia Sportage
To find more tips on the Kia Sportage, take a look at the Kia Sportage category.