The lighting components of our automobiles are part of the fundamental components of security. In fact, they allow us to see and be viewed through the night or in bad climate conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good working condition and to constantly have maximum lighting. In this article, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Kia Cee D? We will start this article with the reason why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Kia Cee D.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Kia Cee D?
Most of us tend to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever think about examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Kia Cee D . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Kia Cee D, or its low beams, by having a look at our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Kia Cee D for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Kia Cee D. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this instance it may therefore be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Kia Cee D before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Kia Cee D to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well through the night with your Kia Cee D . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Kia Cee D?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Kia Cee D? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Kia Cee D.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Kia Cee D
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Kia Cee D headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided for this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Kia Cee D
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Kia Cee D are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Kia Cee D with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more pricey than the alternative ways presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Kia Cee D
Finally, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is frequently the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Kia Cee D/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Kia Cee D
To discover more tips on the Kia Cee D, take a look at the Kia Cee D category.