The lighting elements of our vehicles are part of the essential components of safety. In truth, they allow us to see and be seen through the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently essential to keep them in good functioning order and to constantly have maximum lighting. In this post, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Jeep Liberty? We will begin this content with the reason why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Jeep Liberty.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Jeep Liberty?
The majority of us are likely to think about emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Jeep Liberty . In truth, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. To begin with, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Jeep Liberty, or its low beams, by consulting our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Jeep Liberty for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you can be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Jeep Liberty. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Jeep Liberty before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Jeep Liberty to gain visibility
Second possibility, you simply have the impression of lighting less well through the night with your Jeep Liberty . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become tricky to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Jeep Liberty?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Jeep Liberty? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Jeep Liberty.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Jeep Liberty
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Jeep Liberty headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied for this goal
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Jeep Liberty
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Jeep Liberty are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Jeep Liberty with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialized store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more costly than the other strategies shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Jeep Liberty
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is often the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Jeep Liberty/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Jeep Liberty
If you wish more guides on the Jeep Liberty, go to our Jeep Liberty category.