The lighting components of our cars are part of the fundamental elements of security. Obviously, they enable us to see and be seen through the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is so fundamental to keep them in good functioning condition and to constantly have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Honda Civic? We will begin this article with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Honda Civic.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Honda Civic?
Most of us usually tend to take into consideration emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely consider checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Honda Civic . Obviously, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to check that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Honda Civic, or its low beams, by consulting our two specific web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Honda Civic for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you can be on this internet page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Honda Civic. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Honda Civic before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Honda Civic to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well through the night with your Honda Civic . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be hard to remove, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Honda Civic?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Honda Civic? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Honda Civic.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Honda Civic
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Honda Civic headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied for this purpose
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Honda Civic
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Honda Civic are dirty and you want to clean them, some possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Honda Civic with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialised shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more costly than the substitute strategies presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Honda Civic
Finally, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Honda Civic/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Honda Civic
To find more tips on the Honda Civic, take a look at the Honda Civic category.