The lighting elements of our cars are part of the necessary elements of security. In fact, they allow us to see and be viewed through the night or in bad climate conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good functioning order and to always have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Honda Accord? We will start this article with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Honda Accord.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Honda Accord?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Honda Accord . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Honda Accord, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Honda Accord for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you may be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Honda Accord. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this instance it may therefore be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Honda Accord before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Honda Accord to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the feeling of lighting less well through the night with your Honda Accord . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to remove, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Honda Accord?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Honda Accord? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Honda Accord.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Honda Accord
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Honda Accord headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied to do this aim
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Honda Accord
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Honda Accord are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Honda Accord with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialized store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more pricey than the substitute techniques presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Honda Accord
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Honda Accord/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the treatment with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Honda Accord
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda Accord, go to our Honda Accord category.