The lighting elements of our cars are part of the necessary elements of security. Obviously, they enable us to see and be viewed at night or in bad climate conditions. It is so necessary to keep them in good functioning order and to always have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Ford S-max 2? We will start this content page with the reason why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Ford S-max 2.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Ford S-max 2?
The majority of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Ford S-max 2 . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to verify that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. To begin with, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Ford S-max 2, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Ford S-max 2 for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you may be on this page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Ford S-max 2. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this case it may consequently be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Ford S-max 2 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Ford S-max 2 to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well at night with your Ford S-max 2 . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be hard to remove, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Ford S-max 2?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Ford S-max 2? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford S-max 2.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Ford S-max 2
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Ford S-max 2 headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided to do this goal
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Ford S-max 2
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Ford S-max 2 are dirty and you want to clean them, some possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Ford S-max 2 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more pricey than the other ways shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Ford S-max 2
At last, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford S-max 2/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Ford S-max 2
To find more tips on the Ford S-max 2, take a look at the Ford S-max 2 category.