The lighting elements of our cars are part of the fundamental elements of safety. In truth, they allow us to see and be viewed at nighttime or in bad climate conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to look into the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Ford Ecosport? We will start this content with the justification why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Ford Ecosport.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Ford Ecosport?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Ford Ecosport . In truth, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to verify that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Ford Ecosport, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Ford Ecosport for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you might be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Ford Ecosport. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this case it may therefore be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Ford Ecosport before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Ford Ecosport to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Ford Ecosport . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be tricky to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Ford Ecosport?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Ford Ecosport? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford Ecosport.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Ford Ecosport
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Ford Ecosport headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided to do this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Ford Ecosport
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Ford Ecosport are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Ford Ecosport with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more expensive than the other solutions shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Ford Ecosport
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford Ecosport/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the treatment with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Ford Ecosport
If you wish more guides on the Ford Ecosport, go to our Ford Ecosport category.