The lighting parts of our cars are part of the necessary elements of safety. Obviously, they enable us to see and be seen at nighttime or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good working condition and to always have optimum lighting. In this article, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Dodge Charger? We will begin this article with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Dodge Charger.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Dodge Charger?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely consider checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Dodge Charger . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to check that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Dodge Charger, or its low beams, by browsing our two dedicated content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Dodge Charger for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Dodge Charger. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this instance it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Dodge Charger before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Dodge Charger to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Dodge Charger . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become tricky to remove, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Dodge Charger?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re probably most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Dodge Charger? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Dodge Charger.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Dodge Charger
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Dodge Charger headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided for this purpose
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Dodge Charger
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Dodge Charger are dirty and you want to clean them, some alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Dodge Charger with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more expensive than the other strategies shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Dodge Charger
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Dodge Charger/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Dodge Charger
If you wish more tutorials on the Dodge Charger, go to our Dodge Charger category.