The lighting parts of our vehicles are part of the necessary elements of safety. In actual fact, they allow us to see and be seen at night or in bad weather conditions. It is so necessary to keep them in good working order and to constantly have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado? We will begin this content page with the reason why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Chevrolet Silverado?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Chevrolet Silverado . In actual fact, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Chevrolet Silverado, or its low beams, by browsing our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you may be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque as time passes and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may therefore be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Chevrolet Silverado before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Chevrolet Silverado to gain visibility
Second situation, you just have the feeling of lighting less well at night with your Chevrolet Silverado . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be hard to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Chevrolet Silverado?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Chevrolet Silverado? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Chevrolet Silverado headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided for this intent
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Chevrolet Silverado
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit found in a specialised shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more expensive than the substitute techniques shown earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Chevrolet Silverado
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Chevrolet Silverado
To get more tips on the Chevrolet Silverado, take a look at the Chevrolet Silverado category.