The lighting components of our cars are part of the fundamental components of security. In fact, they allow us to see and be seen during the night or in bad weather conditions. It is so fundamental to keep them in good functioning order and to constantly have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Cadillac CTS? We will start this content with the justification why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Cadillac CTS.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Cadillac CTS?
Most of us tend to think about emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Cadillac CTS . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to check that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Cadillac CTS, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Cadillac CTS for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Cadillac CTS. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this instance it may therefore be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Cadillac CTS before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Cadillac CTS to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well during the night with your Cadillac CTS . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be hard to remove, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Cadillac CTS?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Cadillac CTS? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Cadillac CTS.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Cadillac CTS
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Cadillac CTS headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided to do this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Cadillac CTS
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Cadillac CTS are dirty and you want to clean them, several choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Cadillac CTS with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more pricey than the alternative techniques shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Cadillac CTS
Finally, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Cadillac CTS/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Cadillac CTS
To discover more tips on the Cadillac CTS, take a look at the Cadillac CTS category.