If you want to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Ford Kuga is an act of routine service that is not actually well operated, between the fear of injuring electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will go along with you to carry out this act of service with peace of mind. To do this, first, we will find out why it may be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Ford Kuga .
Why clean the engine of your Ford Kuga?
So we begin our content page by explaining why it may be good to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Ford Kuga .
The most general explanation for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be regular maintenance. Failing to clean your motor vehicle will bring about dirt and grime to accumulate and ultimately damage parts of your motor vehicle. We encourage you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Ford Kuga, however take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Ford Kuga?
We will now start the heart of the content page with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Ford Kuga . For this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to perform this act in the right way, and in a second time, the guidelines to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Ford Kuga.
To prepare the engine of your Ford Kuga before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not recommended either because of the many electrical elements inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Ford Kuga totally, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Ford Kuga . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine properly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Ford Kuga , to do this, do not think twice to consult our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Ford Kuga , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an easier access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Ford Kuga
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Ford Kuga properly :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Ford Kuga engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm components of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are convinced with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the process until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Ford Kuga, you will locate this sort of product in specific retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Kuga, go to our Ford Kuga category.