Air conditioning is one of the main interesting specs on modern cars. Despite the fact it was before available to high-end versions, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of automobiles. However, this costly and elaborate device needs special treatment, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Ford Kuga. This is exactly what we will describe in detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Ford Kuga, then in another part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Ford Kuga.
How to clean my Ford Kuga air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Ford Kuga. The only method to conduct a full cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning produces a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the system and will help the production of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two ways to accomplish this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Ford Kuga in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The process is very simple, even so, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Ford Kuga.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Ford Kuga, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This procedure will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Ford Kuga, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Ford Kuga that are persistent, we recommend you to utilise the second approach.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Ford Kuga
Now let’s advance to the more significant approach of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system complete. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the process to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Ford Kuga (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for A moment.
- Once this first stage is completed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Ford Kuga.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Ford Kuga
Finally, to finish our article, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Ford Kuga and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Ford Kuga every year.
If you want more guides on the Ford Kuga, go to our Ford Kuga category.