Air conditioning is one of the main appreciated features on newer cars. Despite the fact it was before reserved for high-end varieties, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of vehicles. Nevertheless, this pricey and sophisticated unit needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Ford Fiesta. This is exactly what we will explain in detail in this document. First we will take a look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Ford Fiesta, then in another step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Ford Fiesta.
How to clean my Ford Fiesta air conditioning
Let’s start our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Ford Fiesta. The only technique to carry out a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning generates loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will activate the expansion of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Ford Fiesta in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The technique is quite simple, even so, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Ford Fiesta.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Ford Fiesta, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This approach will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Ford Fiesta, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Ford Fiesta that are persistent, we encourage you to practice the second approach.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Ford Fiesta
Now let’s go forward to the more significant approach of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit in depth. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Ford Fiesta (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for A moment.
- Once this first step is finished you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Ford Fiesta.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Ford Fiesta
Finally, to end our document, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Ford Fiesta and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Ford Fiesta every year.
To find more tips on the Ford Fiesta, take a look at the Ford Fiesta category.