Air conditioning is one of the main interesting features on newer cars. Nevertheless it was historically restricted to high-end versions, it has nowadays been democratized for the great majority of vehicles. Nevertheless, this pricey and complex unit needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Ford F 450. This is specifically what we will teach you in detail in this content. First we will take a look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Ford F 450, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Ford F 450.
How to clean my Ford F 450 air conditioning
Let’s begin our content with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Ford F 450. The only method to execute a complete cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in reality, your air conditioning makes loads of moisture that will stay in the system and will activate the expansion of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to accomplish this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Ford F 450 in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is quite easy, however, this process can dirty the inside of your Ford F 450.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Ford F 450, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Ford F 450, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Ford F 450 that are persistent, we recommend you to utilise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Ford F 450
Now let’s move on to the more radical approach of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Ford F 450 (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for 5 minutes.
- Once this first stage is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Ford F 450.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Ford F 450
Finally, to finish our content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Ford F 450 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Ford F 450 every year.
If you want more tutorials on the Ford F 450, go to our Ford F 450 category.