Air conditioning is one of the most asked specs on recent cars. Despite the fact it was in past times available to high-end versions, it has nowadays been democratized for the great majority of automobiles. However, this expensive and elaborate unit necessitates special attention, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is definitely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Ford Explorer. This is specifically what we will demonstrate in detail in this document. First we will check in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Ford Explorer, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Ford Explorer.
How to clean my Ford Explorer air conditioning
Let’s commence our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Ford Explorer. The only way to do a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in fact, your air conditioning creates loads of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will help the expansion of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to get this done, here they are
Service the air conditioning circuit of your Ford Explorer in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The process is quite easy, nevertheless, this process can dirty the inside of your Ford Explorer.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the automobile doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Ford Explorer, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This approach will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Ford Explorer, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Ford Explorer that are persistent, we encourage you to practice the second process.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Ford Explorer
Now let’s move on to the more radical tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Ford Explorer (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for Five minutes.
- Once this first part is achieved you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Ford Explorer.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Ford Explorer
Finally, to end our document, we will give you the main tips to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Ford Explorer and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Ford Explorer every year.
If you want more tutorials on the Ford Explorer, go to our Ford Explorer category.