Whether you want to have a clean car or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Fiat Idea is an act of routine service that is not actually well handled, between the fear of injuring electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will accompany you to do this act of service with serenity. To accomplish this, first, we will find out why it may be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Fiat Idea .
Why clean the engine of your Fiat Idea?
So we begin our content by detailing why it may be good to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Fiat Idea .
The most common explanation for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be frequent service. Failure to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to build up and eventually harm parts of your car. We encourage you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Fiat Idea, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Fiat Idea?
We will now attack the heart of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Fiat Idea . For this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this act correctly, and in a second time, the guidelines to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Fiat Idea.
To prepare the engine of your Fiat Idea before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not recommended either due to the many electrical parts inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Fiat Idea entirely, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Fiat Idea . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine properly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Fiat Idea , for this, do not think twice to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Fiat Idea , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Fiat Idea
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Fiat Idea properly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and assist in its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Fiat Idea engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect elements of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the process until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Fiat Idea, you will discover this sort of product in specialized retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Fiat Idea, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Idea category.