Air conditioning is one of the main appreciated options on recent cars. Nevertheless it was before reserved for high-end models, it has now been democratized for the vast majority of vehicles. However, this expensive and elaborate unit needs special attention, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is absolutely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X. This is specifically what we will describe in detail in this content page. First we will look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X, then in another step, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X.
How to clean my Fiat 500 X air conditioning
Let’s begin our content page with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Fiat 500 X. The only way to perform a complete cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning generates loads of moisture that will stagnate in the system and will help the production of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to accomplish this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Fiat 500 X in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is quite simple, nevertheless, this technique can dirty the inside of your Fiat 500 X.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Fiat 500 X, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Fiat 500 X, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Fiat 500 X that are persistent, we advise you to apply the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Fiat 500 X
Now let’s advance to the more radical process of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Fiat 500 X (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A moment.
- Once this first step is finished you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Fiat 500 X.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Fiat 500 X
Finally, to finish our content page, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Fiat 500 X and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Fiat 500 X every year.
To discover more tips on the Fiat 500 X, take a look at the Fiat 500 X category.