Whether you want to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Dodge Caliber is an work of routine service that is not actually well managed, between the fear of harming electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will go along with you to execute this work of maintenance with serenity. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it may be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Dodge Caliber .
Why clean the engine of your Dodge Caliber?
So we start our article by explaining why it may be good to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Dodge Caliber .
The most basic justification for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be frequent service. Failing to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to gather and ultimately harm auto parts of your car. We suggest you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Dodge Caliber, however be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Dodge Caliber?
We will now attack the heart of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Dodge Caliber . For this, in the first part we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to accomplish this work properly, and in a second time, the instructions to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Dodge Caliber.
To prepare the engine of your Dodge Caliber before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not suggested either as a result of the many electrical elements inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Dodge Caliber entirely, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Dodge Caliber . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Dodge Caliber , to do this, do not hesitate to consult our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Dodge Caliber , it’s a plastic cover that can usually be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Dodge Caliber
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Dodge Caliber effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Dodge Caliber engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Dodge Caliber, you will find this kind of product in specialised shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Dodge Caliber, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Caliber category.