Air conditioning is probably the most important features on modern cars. Nevertheless it was before available to high-end models, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of vehicles. Nevertheless, this costly and complex mechanism necessitates special attention, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is totally crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your CUPRA FORMENTOR. This is exactly what we will explain in more detail in this document. First we will take a look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your CUPRA FORMENTOR, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your CUPRA FORMENTOR.
How to clean my CUPRA FORMENTOR air conditioning
Let’s commence our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your CUPRA FORMENTOR. The only way to carry out a full cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in reality, your air conditioning generates loads of moisture that will stay in the system and will activate the expansion of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to achieve this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning system of your CUPRA FORMENTOR in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The method is quite simple, even so, this procedure can dirty the inside of your CUPRA FORMENTOR.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, push the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your CUPRA FORMENTOR, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your CUPRA FORMENTOR, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your CUPRA FORMENTOR that are persistent, we recommend you to practice the second process.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your CUPRA FORMENTOR
Now let’s move on to the more radical technique of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system in depth. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your CUPRA FORMENTOR (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A moment.
- Once this first step is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your CUPRA FORMENTOR.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its CUPRA FORMENTOR
Finally, to conclude our document, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on CUPRA FORMENTOR and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your CUPRA FORMENTOR every year.
Whenever you have any further questions about the CUPRA FORMENTOR, do not hesitate to consult our CUPRA FORMENTOR category.