If you desire to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Chrysler 200 is an work of maintenance that is not actually well handled, between the fear of damaging electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will join you to complete this work of maintenance with peace of mind. To do this, first, we will see why it may be relevant to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Chrysler 200 .
Why clean the engine of your Chrysler 200?
So we start our content page by telling you why it may be good to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Chrysler 200 .
The most general reason for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your motor vehicle should be frequent service. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will bring about dirt and grime to build up and ultimately harm parts of your motor vehicle. We encourage you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Chrysler 200, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Chrysler 200?
We will now start the core of the content page with the practical section of cleaning the engine unit block of your Chrysler 200 . For this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine unit to accomplish this work properly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Chrysler 200.
To prepare the engine of your Chrysler 200 before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not suggested either due to the many electrical parts inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Chrysler 200 totally, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Chrysler 200 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Chrysler 200 , to accomplish this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Chrysler 200 , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine unit of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Chrysler 200
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine unit of your Chrysler 200 effectively :
- Warm up the engine unit of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Chrysler 200 engine unit.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm components of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the process until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Chrysler 200, you will find this kind of product in specialized retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
If you need more tutorials on the Chrysler 200, go to our Chrysler 200 category.