Whether you wish to have a clean car or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo is an act of routine service that is not necessarily well controlled, between the fear of destroying electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will go along with you to complete this act of service with peace of mind. For this, first, we will discover why it may be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo .
Why clean the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo?
So we begin our article by telling you why it may be smart to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Chevrolet Aveo .
The most common justification for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be regular maintenance. Failing to clean your car will cause dirt and grime to build up and eventually damage auto parts of your car. We encourage you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Chevrolet Aveo, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo?
We will now attack the heart of the article with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Chevrolet Aveo . To do this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this act properly, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Chevrolet Aveo.
To prepare the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not advised either as a result of the many electrical elements inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo entirely, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Chevrolet Aveo . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Chevrolet Aveo , for this, do not think twice to seek advice from our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Chevrolet Aveo , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Chevrolet Aveo
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and assist in its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Chevrolet Aveo engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the procedure until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Chevrolet Aveo, you will find this kind of product in specialized shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
To get more tips on the Chevrolet Aveo, take a look at the Chevrolet Aveo category.