A catalytic converter is an essential component of recent cars, as it purifies your vehicle’s exhaust gases and thus fulfills modern pollution specifications. Nevertheless, it is possible that it may become clogged or breakdown, in which case a replace or cleaning is fundamental. In this article we are going to look at how to clean a catalytic converter on Renault Kadjar? To get this done, first of all, we will explain the scenarios in which it might be interesting to clean the catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar, then, how to execute this cleaning to recover the effectiveness of the catalytic converter of your car.
Why would you want to clean up the catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar?
In this first part we will teach you why it might be necessary to clean the catalyst of your Renault Kadjar . Indeed for some of you it may seem logical but most of you do not know how it works and the outcomes dirty catalytic converter .
Function and functioning of the catalytic converter of a Renault Kadjar
The catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar has the objective to eliminate harmful exhaust gases related to the procedure of your engine unit. Indeed, it is one of the main elements that fight against the pollution discharged by your Renault Kadjar. It will convert these harmful gases into water or non-polluting gases. In order to convert these gases, the catalyst of your Renault Kadjar a mesh of precious metals which, when the gases pass at high temperature, will break them down by chemical reaction . A catalytic converter can just work from 400°, it is consequently essential to avoid clogging the catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar. If you are thinking of making sufficiently long trips to heat it up frequently (count more than 10 kilometres for the catalyst to reach the right temperature), this will enable you to optimize the life of this part and preserve best engine unit effectiveness.
Consequences of a dirty or faulty catalytic converter on Renault Kadjar
We will now find out what can be the outcomes of a dirty or failing catalytic converter on Renault Kadjar . This will enable you to identify the signs of illness that should notify you to a failure of your catalytic converter, here is the list of symptoms of a faulty catalytic converter:
- The catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar is blocked: As we explained earlier, if you make too short travels like 50% of people, it will not have the time to start working and the catalytic converter will clog up with exhaust gases.
- Switching on the engine light: : Following a clogged catalytic converter, engine light of your Renault Kadjar may come on, do not think twice to seek advice from our content to find out how to switch it off.
- A faulty lambda sensor : The catalyst works in close connection with the lambda sensors downstream and upstream of it, they will review the air flowing inside it, if it is clogged the sensors will often times as well have complications.
- A metallic noise originating from the exhaust: In case the catalyst is dead you should hear this noise which means that the ceramic is damaged.
Why you should clean the catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar
Before we end with the step you are almost certainly most interested in, how to clean the catalytic converter of a Renault Kadjar? We will teach you why it might be relevant for you to perform this cleaning. Indeed, a catalytic converter is a very expensive component (about 500 euros with the set up, the price can differ depending to the engines). In addition to being no longer good for passing the technical control , you might be at risk of over-consumption of fuel . Finally, the last benefit is that cleaning a catalytic converter is not that expensive and doing it frequently will save you quite a lot of money.
How do you clean the catalytic converter from its Renault Kadjar?
Finally here is the stage that you are almost certainly most keen on in this guideline, how to clean the catalytic converter of your Renault Kadjar? Know that this procedure is very basic, and that there are two approaches to do it:
- Scrubbing the catalytic converter from your Renault Kadjar frequently: This technique is especially valuable for people who mainly do short trips . To do this, nothing could be less complicated, from time to time, make a long trip (about 30 minutes to enhance the efficiency of the process), thinking of making your engine go up in revs so that the temperature in the catalyst increases and it can be cleaned.
- To use a catalyst cleaner: You can discover some in a motor vehicle center for about 20 euros. All you have to do is add it to your fuel directly in your tank with about half a full tank. Afterwards you will have to drive on a long distance for at least 1 hour at mid-range by trying to go frequently at high rpm . If you can before and later on do an exhaust gas analysis to check that you have recovered healthier exhaust fumes after the procedure. You can perform this procedure every 15 000km.
If you wish more guides on the Renault Kadjar, go to our Renault Kadjar category.