A catalytic converter is an essential component of contemporary cars, as it purifies your vehicle’s exhaust gases and thus meets modern pollution standards. Nevertheless, it is possible that it may turned out to be clogged or breakdown, in which case a replace or cleaning is necessary. Today we are going to look at how to clean a catalytic converter on Peugeot Rcz? To achieve this, to begin with, we will show you the scenarios in which it may be interesting to clean the catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz, then, how to accomplish this cleaning to retrieve the performance of the catalytic converter of your car.
Why would you want to clean up the catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz?
In this first part we will show you why it may be valuable to clean the catalyst of your Peugeot Rcz . In actual fact for some of you it might seem obvious but the majority of you do not know how it works and the consequences dirty catalytic converter .
Role and functioning of the catalytic converter of a Peugeot Rcz
The catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz has the task to eliminate harmful exhaust gases associated with the operation of your engine unit. In actual fact, it is one of the most important elements that fight against the pollution discharged by your Peugeot Rcz. It will convert these harmful gases into water or non-polluting gases. In order to convert these gases, the catalyst of your Peugeot Rcz a mesh of precious metals which, when the gases pass at high temperature, will break them down by chemical reaction . A catalytic converter can only work from 400°, it is therefore important to avoid clogging the catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz. If you are thinking of making sufficiently long trips to heat it up repeatedly (count more than 10 kilometres for the catalyst to reach the right temperature), this will allow you to optimize the life of this component and keep best engine unit efficiency.
Consequences of a dirty or faulty catalytic converter on Peugeot Rcz
We will now find out what can be the consequences of a dirty or failing catalytic converter on Peugeot Rcz . This will allow you to distinguish the symptoms that should warn you to a breakdown of your catalytic converter, here is the list of signs of illness of a faulty catalytic converter:
- The catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz is clogged: As we explained earlier, if you make too short travels like 50% of people, it will not have the time to start functioning and the catalytic converter will clog up with exhaust gases.
- Switching on the engine light: : Following a clogged catalytic converter, engine light of your Peugeot Rcz may come on, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page to identify how to switch it off.
- A faulty lambda sensor : The catalyst works in close connection with the lambda sensors downstream and upstream of it, they will review the air flowing inside it, if it is clogged the sensors will quite often as well have complications.
- A metallic noise caused by the exhaust: In the event the catalyst is dead you should notice this noise which means that the ceramic is damaged.
Why you should clean the catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz
Before we end with the step you are probably most enthusiastic about, how to clean the catalytic converter of a Peugeot Rcz? We will show you why it may be relevant for you to execute this cleaning. In actual fact, a catalytic converter is a very expensive component (about 500 euros with the set up, the price can differ depending to the engines). Furthermore to being no longer good for passing the technical control , you may be at risk of over-consumption of fuel . At last, the last benefit is that cleaning a catalytic converter is not that expensive and doing it repeatedly will save you quite a lot of money.
How do you clean the catalytic converter from its Peugeot Rcz?
Finally here is the step that you are most likely most enthusiastic about in this article content, how to clean the catalytic converter of your Peugeot Rcz? Know that this process is very simple, and that there are two ways to accomplish:
- Scrubbing the catalytic converter from your Peugeot Rcz frequently: This technique is especially practical for people who mainly do short trips . To do this, nothing could be less complicated, from time to time, make a long trip (about 30 minutes to optimize the efficiency of the process), thinking of making your engine go up in revs so that the temperature in the catalyst increases and it can be cleaned.
- To use a catalyst cleaner: You can find some in a motor vehicle center for about 20 euros. All you have to do is add it to your fuel straight in your tank with about half a full tank. Afterwards you will have to drive on a long distance for at least 1 hour at mid-range by trying to go repeatedly at high rpm . If you can before and later on do an exhaust gas analysis to examine that you have recovered healthier exhaust fumes after the procedure. You can execute this procedure every 15 000km.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Peugeot Rcz, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Rcz category.