Air conditioning is one of the most asked specs on modern cars. Nevertheless it was previously restricted to high-end models, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of cars. However, this expensive and sophisticated mechanism necessitates special care, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is definitely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your BMW X6. This is precisely what we will demonstrate in more detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your BMW X6, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your BMW X6.
How to clean my BMW X6 air conditioning
Let’s begin our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your BMW X6. The only solution to perform a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in reality, your air conditioning generates loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will promote the production of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to get this done, here they are
Clean the air conditioning system of your BMW X6 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is quite simple, however, this technique can dirty the inside of your BMW X6.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, push the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your BMW X6, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This technique will allow you to quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your BMW X6, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your BMW X6 that are persistent, we recommend you to practice the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your BMW X6
Now let’s move on to the more significant solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system complete. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your BMW X6 (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for Five minutes.
- Once this first step is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your BMW X6.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its BMW X6
Finally, to end our article, we will give you the main tips to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on BMW X6 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your BMW X6 every year.
To discover more tips on the BMW X6, take a look at the BMW X6 category.