Air conditioning is one of the main asked features on newer cars. Even though it was historically reserved for high-end varieties, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of cars. However, this pricey and complex equipment needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is completely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Bmw Serie 6. This is precisely what we will demonstrate in detail in this content. First we will check in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Bmw Serie 6, then in another step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Bmw Serie 6.
How to clean my Bmw Serie 6 air conditioning
Let’s commence our content with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Bmw Serie 6. The only way to accomplish a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in fact, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the expansion of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two ways to get this done, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Bmw Serie 6 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The method is very simple, even so, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Bmw Serie 6.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Bmw Serie 6, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This process will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Bmw Serie 6, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Bmw Serie 6 that are persistent, we recommend you to apply the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Bmw Serie 6
Now let’s move on to the more radical solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system in depth. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Bmw Serie 6 (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for 5 minutes.
- Once this first stage is completed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Bmw Serie 6.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Bmw Serie 6
Finally, to finish our content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Bmw Serie 6 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Bmw Serie 6 every year.
To discover more tips on the Bmw Serie 6, take a look at the Bmw Serie 6 category.