Whether you want to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your BMW 7 Series is an work of routine service that is not actually well handled, between the fear of damaging electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will accompany you to conduct this work of maintenance with peace of mind. To do so, first, we will see why it may be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your BMW 7 Series .
Why clean the engine of your BMW 7 Series?
So we begin our content by detailing why it may be good to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your BMW 7 Series .
The most common reason for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be frequent maintenance. Failing to clean your motor vehicle will bring about dirt and grime to build up and sooner or later damage parts of your motor vehicle. We recommend you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your BMW 7 Series, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your BMW 7 Series?
We will now attack the heart of the content with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your BMW 7 Series . For this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this work properly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your BMW 7 Series.
To prepare the engine of your BMW 7 Series before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not suggested either as a result of the many electrical elements inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your BMW 7 Series totally, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your BMW 7 Series . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your BMW 7 Series , to accomplish this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your BMW 7 Series , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a BMW 7 Series
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your BMW 7 Series effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your BMW 7 Series engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect elements of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your BMW 7 Series, you will find this sort of product in specific retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you have any further questions about the BMW 7 Series, do not hesitate to consult our BMW 7 Series category.