Air conditioning is one of the most important options on recent cars. Even though it was historically reserved for high-end versions, it has today been democratized for the great majority of cars. Nevertheless, this costly and complex technology needs special treatment, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is totally necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Audi Q3. This is specifically what we will demonstrate in detail in this document. First we will check in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Audi Q3, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Audi Q3.
How to clean my Audi Q3 air conditioning
Let’s commence our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Audi Q3. The only method to carry out a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning creates loads of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will help the development of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two techniques to perform this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Audi Q3 in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The methodology is quite easy, even so, this technique can dirty the inside of your Audi Q3.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Audi Q3, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to promptly clean the air-conditioning system of your Audi Q3, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Audi Q3 that are persistent, we suggest you to exercise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Audi Q3
Now let’s advance to the more significant solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system in depth. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Audi Q3 (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A little bit.
- Once this first stage is performed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Audi Q3.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Audi Q3
Finally, to end our document, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Audi Q3 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Audi Q3 every year.
To find more tips on the Audi Q3, take a look at the Audi Q3 category.