Air conditioning is by far the most appreciated specs on newer cars. Nevertheless it was in past times restricted to high-end varieties, it has today been democratized for a large proportion of cars. Nevertheless, this pricey and complex mechanism requires special treatment, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Acura TL. This is exactly what we will describe in detail in this document. First we will check in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Acura TL, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Acura TL.
How to clean my Acura TL air conditioning
Let’s begin our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Acura TL. The only way to accomplish a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the expansion of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to get this done, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Acura TL in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is very easy, however, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Acura TL.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Acura TL, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This technique will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Acura TL, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Acura TL that are persistent, we recommend you to exercise the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Acura TL
Now let’s move on to the more radical solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system complete. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Acura TL (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for 5 minutes.
- Once this first part is achieved you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Acura TL.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Acura TL
Finally, to finish our document, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Acura TL and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Acura TL every year.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Acura TL, do not hesitate to consult our Acura TL category.