Whether you wish to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Acura ILX is an work of routine service that is not actually well controlled, between the fear of damaging electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to carry out this work of maintenance with serenity. For this, first, we will find out why it might be important to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Acura ILX .
Why clean the engine of your Acura ILX?
So we begin our article by telling you why it might be smart to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Acura ILX .
The most basic reason for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be frequent maintenance. Failing to clean your car will trigger dirt and grime to accumulate and ultimately damage auto parts of your car. We suggest you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Acura ILX, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Acura ILX?
We will now start the heart of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine unit block of your Acura ILX . For this, in the first part we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine unit to accomplish this work properly, and in a second time, the instructions to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Acura ILX.
To prepare the engine of your Acura ILX before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not advised either due to the many electrical parts inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Acura ILX totally, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Acura ILX . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Acura ILX , to accomplish this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Acura ILX , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an much easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Acura ILX
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Acura ILX effectively :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Acura ILX engine unit.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage parts of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can duplicate the operation until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Acura ILX, you will locate this sort of product in specialised shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Acura ILX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura ILX category.