No matter it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are constantly functional is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most likely here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Volkswagen Jetta, we’ve made this article to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Volkswagen Jetta?
We are going to start this article with the swapping the front fog light bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta, bear in mind that dependant upon the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact process to utilise, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional methods to replace the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta without removing the bumper.
First method, we will swap the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Even though this strategy is the easiest, there is no guarantee that you can perform it on your automobile. In reality, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different techniques to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta:
- By going under the bumper of your Volkswagen Jetta: First technique, you will put yourself under your automobile, don’t be reluctant to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine motor and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Volkswagen Jetta and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally swap the front fog light bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To accomplish this, lift your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same procedure as mentioned earlier to change the bulb of the fog light of your Volkswagen Jetta.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta by removing the bumper?
We will now take a look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Volkswagen Jetta to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To do this, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your Volkswagen Jetta, do not think twice to read our complete article to find out the exact procedure, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta in the same technique as described earlier.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta?
Finally, if you want to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much simpler, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Volkswagen Jetta.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Volkswagen Jetta
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Jetta, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Jetta category.