Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your budget, ensuring that your headlight bulbs are all the time operational is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out in the long run and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Tesla Model Y, we’ve posted this article content to help you do this operation by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Tesla Model Y and secondly, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Tesla Model Y?
We are going to begin this article content with the replacing the front fog light bulb of your Tesla Model Y, bear in mind that based on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same process to utilise, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common solutions to replace the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Tesla Model Y without removing the bumper.
First option, we will change the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this approach is the least complicated, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your vehicle. In fact, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different methods to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Tesla Model Y:
- By going under the bumper of your Tesla Model Y: First technique, you will position yourself under your vehicle, don’t be reluctant to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the vehicle, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Tesla Model Y and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally change the front fog light bulb of your Tesla Model Y
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To get this done, lift your vehicle up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same operation as described previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Tesla Model Y.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Tesla Model Y by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the circumstance where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Tesla Model Y to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To achieve this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Tesla Model Y, do not hesitate to read our complete article to find out the exact procedure, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your vehicle. Once the bumper has been taken away, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Tesla Model Y in the same technique as mentioned previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Tesla Model Y?
Finally, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Tesla Model Y.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Place your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Tesla Model Y
- Put everything back in place
Examine that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model Y, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model Y category.