Regardless whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or for your budget, being certain your headlight bulbs are always working is very important. Actually, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will unavoidably burn out in the long run and consequently need to be changed. You’re probably in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Subaru Legacy, we’ve written this article content to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Subaru Legacy and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Subaru Legacy?
We are gonna commence this article content with the replacing the front fog light bulb of your Subaru Legacy, take note that based on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact technique to utilise, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional strategies to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Subaru Legacy without removing the bumper.
First option, we will swap the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this process is the simplest, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your automobile. Actually, determined by the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Subaru Legacy:
- By passing under the bumper of your Subaru Legacy: First technique, you will put yourself under your automobile, don’t be reluctant to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Subaru Legacy and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last swap the front fog light bulb of your Subaru Legacy
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To get this done, jack your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and conduct the same operation as described previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Subaru Legacy.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Subaru Legacy by removing the bumper?
We will now check out the case where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Subaru Legacy to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To achieve this, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your Subaru Legacy, do not think twice to have a look to our complete instruction to find out the exact operation, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Subaru Legacy in the same way as described previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Subaru Legacy?
To finish, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the technique is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Subaru Legacy.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Subaru Legacy
- Put everything back again
Verify that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Subaru Legacy, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Legacy category.