No matter it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your budget, ensuring that your headlight bulbs are all the time functional is extremely important. The truth is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will unavoidably burn out over time and therefore need to be changed. You’re probably on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, we’ve written and published this article to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. First of all, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and secondly, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
We are going to start this article with the replacing the front fog light bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, be aware that determined by the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same process to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional strategies to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport without removing the bumper.
First technique, we will replace the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Despite the fact this technique is the easiest, there is no assurance that you can carry it out on your car. The truth is, in accordance with the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb using this method. Here are the two different methods to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:
- By going under the bumper of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: First technique, you will position yourself under your car, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last change the front fog light bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To achieve this, jack your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same process as described previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in order to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To accomplish this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, do not think twice to have a look to our complete guideline to know the exact technique, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in the same manner as stated previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
To finish, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
- After discovering the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Insert your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Put everything back in place
Verify that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you have any further questions about the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport category.