Regardless it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, ensuring your headlight bulbs are constantly functional is really important. The truth is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Lexus NX, we’ve written this article content to help you do this operation on your own and not need to go to your mechanic. To start with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Lexus NX and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Lexus NX?
We are going to begin this article content with the replacing the front fog light bulb of your Lexus NX, you should know that dependent on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact process to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional techniques to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Lexus NX without removing the bumper.
First solution, we will change the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this solution is the easiest, there is no guarantee that you can carry it out on your car. The truth is, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different ways to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Lexus NX:
- By going under the bumper of your Lexus NX: First technique, you will put yourself under your car, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine motor and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Lexus NX and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally swap the front fog light bulb of your Lexus NX
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To make this happen, lift your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same operation as detailed above to change the bulb of the fog light of your Lexus NX.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Lexus NX by removing the bumper?
We will at this point take a look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Lexus NX in order to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To do this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Lexus NX, do not hesitate to browse our complete instruction to find out the exact operation, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your bonnet, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Lexus NX in the same way as mentioned above.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Lexus NX?
To finish, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Lexus NX.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Place your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Lexus NX
- Put everything back again
Examine that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you wish more tutorials on the Lexus NX, go to our Lexus NX category.