It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, making sure your headlight bulbs are all the time efficient is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out along with time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Lexus IS, we’ve written this content page to help you do this process without help and not need to go to your mechanic. First of all, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Lexus IS and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Lexus IS?
We are gonna commence this content page with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Lexus IS, remember that dependent on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same process to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common solutions to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Lexus IS without removing the bumper.
First method, we will swap the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this solution is the easiest, there is no guarantee that you can carry it out on your car. In fact, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb using this method. Here are the two different methods to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Lexus IS:
- By going under the bumper of your Lexus IS: First approach, you will put yourself under your car, don’t be reluctant to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Lexus IS and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally change the front fog light bulb of your Lexus IS
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To achieve this, lift your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and accomplish the same process as explained previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Lexus IS.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Lexus IS by removing the bumper?
We will now take a look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Lexus IS in order to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To do so, you will first of all have to remove the front bumper of your Lexus IS, do not hesitate to have a look to our complete guideline to find out the exact technique, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Lexus IS in the same technique as described previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Lexus IS?
Finally, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Lexus IS.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Lexus IS
- Put everything back again
Examine that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Lexus IS, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus IS category.