Regardless it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, ensuring your headlight bulbs are always working is very important. The reality is, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Kia Cee D, we’ve written this article to help you do this procedure on your own and not need to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Kia Cee D and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Kia Cee D?
We are going to commence this article with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Kia Cee D, remember that determined by the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact process to use, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common techniques to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Kia Cee D without removing the bumper.
First method, we will swap the bulb without taking out the bumper of your car. Even though this strategy is the least difficult, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your automobile. The reality is, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Kia Cee D:
- By going under the bumper of your Kia Cee D: First technique, you will position yourself under your automobile, don’t hesitate to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Kia Cee D and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last change the front fog light bulb of your Kia Cee D
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To make this happen, jack your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and execute the same procedure as explained above to change the bulb of the fog light of your Kia Cee D.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Kia Cee D by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the circumstance where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Kia Cee D to be able to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To achieve this, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your Kia Cee D, do not be reluctant to consult our complete guideline to know the exact procedure, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Kia Cee D in the same manner as stated above.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Kia Cee D?
To finish, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Kia Cee D.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Insert your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Kia Cee D
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
To find more tips on the Kia Cee D, take a look at the Kia Cee D category.