It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness assessment or for your budget, being sure your headlight bulbs are actually functioning is necessary. The reality is, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out in the long run and therefore need to be changed. You’re probably on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Ford Taurus, we’ve made this content to help you do this procedure on your own and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To start with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Ford Taurus and secondly, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Ford Taurus?
We are going to begin this content with the replacing the front fog light bulb of your Ford Taurus, be aware that dependent on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact technique to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional techniques to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Taurus without removing the bumper.
First technique, we will change the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this process is the least difficult, there is no guarantee that you can perform it on your automobile. The reality is, according to the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb using this method. Here are the two different methods to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Ford Taurus:
- By going under the bumper of your Ford Taurus: First technique, you will position yourself under your automobile, don’t hesitate to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Ford Taurus and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Taurus
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To accomplish this, lift your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and conduct the same procedure as mentioned earlier to change the bulb of the fog light of your Ford Taurus.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Taurus by removing the bumper?
We will now take a look at the circumstance where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Ford Taurus to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To accomplish this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Ford Taurus, do not think twice to consult our complete guideline to find out the exact process, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Ford Taurus in the same technique as described earlier.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Ford Taurus?
At last, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the technique is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Ford Taurus.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Ford Taurus
- Put everything back again
Check that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
To discover more tips on the Ford Taurus, take a look at the Ford Taurus category.