Regardless whether it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, being certain your headlight bulbs are always efficient is extremely important. The reality is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Ford Expedition, we’ve written this article content to help you do this operation on your own and not need to go to your repair shop. To start with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Ford Expedition and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Ford Expedition?
We are going to begin this article content with the swapping the front fog light bulb of your Ford Expedition, remember that according to the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact technique to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional solutions to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Expedition without removing the bumper.
First option, we will change the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Nevertheless this method is the least difficult, there is no guarantee that you can carry it out on your automobile. The reality is, dependant upon the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Ford Expedition:
- By going under the bumper of your Ford Expedition: First technique, you will put yourself under your automobile, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Ford Expedition and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Expedition
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To achieve this, lift your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same operation as mentioned previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Ford Expedition.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Expedition by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the case where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Ford Expedition in order to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To do this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Ford Expedition, do not hesitate to have a look to our complete guideline to know the exact technique, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been taken away, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Ford Expedition in the same manner as mentioned previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Ford Expedition?
At last, if you want to change the rear fog bulb of your car the technique is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Ford Expedition.
- After discovering the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Ford Expedition
- Put everything back in place
Verify that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you have any additional questions about the Ford Expedition, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Expedition category.